I contracted with Carpet World for carpet purchase and installation on two separate houses in early January 2017 after having received multiple quotes from other local carpet vendors. This was my first time ever purchasing carpet so I had some learning to do. I was extremely pleased with their services, from initial consultation all the way through post-installation follow-up, and would highly recommend them to anyone in need of new flooring. Following are the highlights from my experience:
Choosing a vendor:
- They were extremely responsive, not just when trying to get my business, but throughout the process. It was clear that I was a name and face and not just another customer number. Not once was I waiting on them to get back to me.
- I really appreciated being able to deal directly with the owners.
- They delivered the most competitive bid in terms of cost vs quality. What I really liked about their costing though is that it didn’t change. Other vendors had a floor price per square foot or yard and an associate would immediately mention that he/she could discount that and rattle off a number. Minutes later that number may change again. It seemed highly variable and very subjective. With Carpet World, for me, that didn’t happen. The price per square foot was competitive at the start and that was it. We negotiated discounts afterwards. To me, that just seemed more honest.
- They offer a military discount.
- Responsive and accommodating. I had a tight timeline on one of the installations and they were able to meet that.
- I saw two different crews during this process (one for each house). Both crews were on-time, clearly knew what they were doing, didn’t waste time, and were professional and courteous throughout the process.
- It was clear that they use the same crews again and again so they know the quality will be there. Before picking a vendor, I asked if they really knew their crews or just subcontracted them out. They responded with the names of the individuals on their crews and sure enough…those guys are the ones who accomplished my installation. So, you can have faith that you’re going to get quality and not the cheapest first-timer crew.
- I’m extremely particular…probably to a fault. These installations were done very, very well.
- Very easy to work with. Billing shouldn’t be complex…with them it wasn’t.
- They broke down the price for me by what was being accomplished. X amount for carpet, Y amount for pad, Z amount for installation, etc. Some vendors don’t want to provide this for some reason. I like to see where every penny is going though and Carpet World provided the billing transparency to let me see that.
- Top notch experience with Carpet World. I feel I received a fair deal and received a superior quality product for cheaper and with less hassle than I would’ve received elsewhere.
- Easy to work with.
- Would definitely recommend to anyone.